Sunday, March 28, 2010

Secret Word

The secret word yesterday morning was "NO". My body and mind knew the word. They told it to me 4 minutes into a workout. I had been thinking they were hiding something from me during the warmup, but dismissed it. I pushed on. They pushed back. I pushed hard. They tightened their grip. I called the workout and just ran easy for an hour. I came home, showered, put on some SKINS, and went on with the rest of the day.

Jeff said he was proud of me. In all honesty, no one has ever told me their were proud of me for not doing a workout. But I'll take a compliment. He was proud because I called it and did not force something that could affect the upcoming week of training. A year ago, I would have been upset at this situation-questioning myself and my training. But with age (and Jeff tutelage) I recognize that this is a part of training. I am getting better at recognizing when my body needs a break. My training is much different then it was last year at this time. My body is adapting. And adapting well. With my first race in about a month, these next two weeks are important. I need my body to be there.

The secret word after yesterday's workout was "ACCEPTANCE". That is a much better word then NO.

Rock On
JK





No comments:

Post a Comment