Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dissapointment

I moved to Colorado about 10 years ago and was disappointed in the first winter I spent here. I grew up on Pennsylvania and has experienced some harsh winters. I figured by moving to Colorado, where there are famous ski resorts, I would be in for LOTS of snow. The first winter came and went and now major snow. No snow days at school. When it did snow it would disappear the next day in a 50 degree sunny Colorado day. I was disappointed.

10 years have passed and I continue to be disappointed-but in a different way. I got used to "mild" winters. To riding outside almost year round. I enjoyed watching it snow and then saying good-bye to it the next day. I got used to temperatures that rarely dipped below 30 degrees for extended periods of time. But I secretly still wanted a snow day-it is a great feeling waking up prepared to go to work and then rolling across the TV screen comes your schools' name-NO SCHOOL!

In any case, I am disappointed now because the snow IS staying on the ground. The temperatures ARE staying below
30 degrees for extended periods of tine. I am NOT riding outside (sometimes I can't even run outside). What is happening to my mild Colorado winters?! We are in the midst of an arctic cold blast where the high tomorrow is suppose to be a whopping 12degrees...doesn't sound too appealing for a progression run eh? I have spent more time at Lakeshore this winter then I have in previous winters. Don't get me wrong, Lakeshore is amazing, but I want to be OUTSIDE.

So with Jeff and I snuggled up with two daschunds, we prepare for more indoor training, more layers and layers of clothing, and more white views. At least we still get the benefits of altitude!

Stay Warm~
JK


1 comment:

  1. YIKES that's cold. Time for an IM DVD marathon :-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete