Saturday, January 2, 2010

Since 2000....

I have been reading in the news lately about the "Best of the Decade" (music, men, movies etc etc). It never really
dawned on me that a decade has past until I woke up this morning and thought about the fact that my birthday is coming up and I don't know where the time went. Somehow between 2000 and 2010, life has changed and I someone ended up in my 30's. I have had many adventures in the span of 10 years, come which lead to life changes. Here is a small sampling of some events during the past 10 years:

January 1, 2000-Fresh out of college and took my first job as a formulation chemist in the R&D department at Proctor and Gamble in lovely Cincinnati, OH.
June 2001-Quit my first job and moved to Boulder, CO
September 2001-Started teaching chemistry at Montbello Highschool in Denver.
July 2002-Was training to try an qualify for the Olympic Marathon trials when I ran across (literally) a guy named Jeff. He was a triathlete.
July 2003-I completed in my first duathlon.
October 2003-Jeff and I buy our first house together. My parents were not to happy with this decision since we were not married or engaged.
September 2004-Jeff and I are engaged.
October 2004-Jeff's first attempt at Kona. Finishes in 10.30

December 19, 2004-Jeff and I get married at Peaceful Valley Ranch among great friends and snow capped
mountains.

December 28th, 2004-My 1st nephew is born-Cole
February 2006-My 1st niece is born-Amelia
May 2006-My grandmother passed away
June 2008-My 2nd niece is born-Callie
October 2007-Jeff finishes Kona in 9.30 (59th overall)
October 2007-7 days later I win my age group at the World Duathlon Championship. I retired from duathlons that
day.
January 2008-I start swimming
May 2008-I complete my first triathlon.
October 2008-Our dog Rocket passed away.
October 2008-Jeff finishes Kona in 9.04. (39th overall, 2nd in his age group, and 1st US amateur.)
November 2008-Jarvis comes to our family.
December 2008-My 3rd niece is born-Casey
June 2009-I race Buffalo Springs and turn down my Kona slot.
November 2009-Jeff completes in 1st triathlon has a Pro-IMAZ- 9.02 (with a flat)
February 2010-My last nephew will be born.

Looking back on it-alot has happened I haven't even mentioned-these are just the bigger moments. But it is the smaller, everyday actions that make my life amazing. It is my friends, family, an incredible husband that have made the last 10 years my best decade.

Rock On and Happy 2010.
JK2

3 comments:

  1. I think I have waved at you a few times during the roller coaster ride of 08 & 09 ;-) Looking at the entire decade puts things in perspective. Thanks for the reminder about the little everyday things, I needed that. Here's to 2010 Cheers!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. April 2008, The Coelho's leave Boulder?? Hello...

    ReplyDelete
  3. More important is when you return!!!

    ReplyDelete