Sunday, November 15, 2009

Me, myself, and 3 dogs

I am alone. Jeff left this morning for Arizona. Jeff, Chuck, and Laura left in 6 inches of snow in Boulder and are headed toward the warmth of Phoenix. I am left in the snow and cold with 3 dogs. I know this sounds cheesy, but I already miss Jeff. On the other hand I am looking forward to some time alone. As they say absence makes the heart grow fonder.


Blu (above)- She is using her Jedi mind tricks in this picture.

I enjoy my time alone-for about 2 days. Then I am ready for Jeff to be back. But for 2 days I can watch all the football I want. Eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Wake up at 4.45am without having to be quiet or tip-toe around the house while JK1 sleeps. Jarvis and I can take up the entire bed and sleep diagonally. I can run and ride as much as I want without someone telling me to "take it easy". And I can read as much as I want before going to bed (trying to read before bed and sleeping with someone training for an Ironman don't go well together).



The down side-I am a single parent to Jarvis, Lucy, and Blu for a week. The pictures would depict that they look sweet and innocent, but don't let that fool you! Being home alone with them means AM walks before work so they don't tear the house apart. Coming home during the middle of the day to make sure the house is still standing. Asking friends for help with the doggies when I am meeting from 1-5 a few days. PM walks to ensure they sleep at night and are more tired then the previous day. Then on Friday, the pups go on vacation at Grandma's house. This equates to fun times all the time. Grandma spoils them. She buys them their own special chairs to snuggle in. They always come home with new toys. I think they secretly hate coming back to "reality".


Lucy (above)-Jeff's little girl
Jarvis (below)-My little man

Until Friday, I am going to root for the Steelers, watch as many chick flicks while
riding the trainer, finish my book I have been working on for a month, and indulge in Special K Chocolate Delight. On Friday the real work begins-support crew for Jeff and Laura at IMAZ.

Rock On
JK







No comments:

Post a Comment