Friday, November 20, 2009

Phoenix or Bust

In 12 hours I will be trading in the Colorado winter for some much needed sun and warmth. Phoenix here we come!

Jeff has been down in Phoenix since Monday getting ready for Sunday's race. He is fit. He is excited. He is ready to race. This will be Jeff's first Ironman race as a professional. Jeff turned in his amateur card at the beginning of this year. A number of people asked WHY since he was a great age group athlete. Some people argued he would get more exposure as a age group then a pro. Some people said it would be hard to get to Kona. Some more people said sponsors will be harder to come by. Jeff said," I don't want any regrets in life. I want to know I tried. If it works out great. If not, I am still a great age group athlete." I respect that answer 110%. The last thing I want for Jeff is to wondering if 5 or 10 years "What if?" He will and has always laid it on the line and given it his best effort. What more could you ask for?

Jeff is racing under #31 on Sunday. I Will be posting Twitter updates@jennikeil during the race. Send all your speedy vibes to Phoenix this weekend!

"You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen"
-Paulo Coehlo

Rock On
JK2


3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes! Rock it JK, rock the sh*t out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Wishing Jeff well. Many of his old swimming and running teammates from GWHS will be cheering for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be cheering (from the couch) on sunday!

    ReplyDelete