Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Progress

A wise man I know once said (I think he has said it more then once actually because Jeff has heard it before) "Length before strength, strength before speed." So with that said, I have been slowly increasing my miles and hours over the last two week. When I started back about 4 weeks ago, I think I started back too quickly. Thankfully, my body lets me know these things before I take it too far. Got all the kinks worked out and now I am started to increase my hours and mileage slowly-but with the overall goal of consistency.

With my first priority race not until spring of 2010, I have the time to build a strong foundation for the upcoming race season. I have chosen to make some changes in my training and race this year, therefore, I am starting to learn more about why and how I can train to be as efficient, strong and fast as possible. With this come the added knowledge of nutrition and recovery as well. I did not pay much attention to how or why I trained last year. And to be honest I could have done a better job at being more dedicated to many aspect of my training. But it was a great season with good results in the end. I have set out a new challenge for myself and now I am going to go for it-with the help of a few good men (and women)

Length before strength. Over the past two weeks, I have started to work into full training again and working full time. That requires a lot of creativity. All this is completed in an aerobically base heart rate cap and working on my form. Additionally, I have worked on getting my upper body strong (for reasons I will mention later) and working on my core strength. Over the next two weeks, I will increase my volume as much as I can do given my motivation, the weather, and how much my body will let me do. Thankfully, I have great friends (and a kick-ass hot husband) who are doing the same things--make training partners easy to come by!


Rock On
JK

No comments:

Post a Comment